Bolu Province, Highway Shopping Mall- Traffic Analysis and Parking Revision Project
After the field studies which are held by our team, 2 main problems have been detected.
1. Different types of vehicles such as automobiles, motocycles and trucks were using the same parking areas. In terms of traffic safety, different means of vehicles should use different parking areas.
2. The other problem was that the vehicles which comes from Istanbul (west side) and Ankara ( east side) were using the same junctions and this situtation creates high accidental risks as well.
Additionally, current traffic plan allowed 2 other entrance within 55 meters, these entrances also were not satisfying the needs and did not solve the problem In the action plan of the advisory report, Our team recommended these below:
1. Different parking areas were designed for different means of vehicles, and entrances also was separated from eachother.
2. For the vehicles coming from İstanbul direction, a new road/entrance was opened.
3. The intersection of the vehicles which are coming from Istanbul and Ankara have been prevented by physical tools.
4. To separate the entrance of the cars and trucks, traffic signboards and informative signs have been placed. Thus, trucks have used the first entrance to reach the park area while the other automobiles have used the second entrance
5. East exit stayed same as the current plan.
6. Circulation plan has been adivsed to the client with the proper vertical and horizontal signboards.
7. The renewal project has been completed by paying attention to the driving geometry of different types of vehicles